As a surprise to fans of the series, development company Dead by Daylight Behavior Interactive has revealed that the next chapter of Dead by Daylight will feature Pinhead from the hit horror series Hellraiser. In the guide below, we cover everything there is to know about Pinhead, this chapter's terrifying new killer.
Like all killers in Dead by Daylight, Pinhead brings his own special brew of torture along with his special abilities and perks. He has two special abilities: Summons of Pain and Lament Configuration, both of which are explained below.
This ability allows the Cenobite (Pinhead) to summon a chain from a gateway he has created. This is a possessed chain that the player can guide to a survivor to trap them. Once trapped, a Survivor's speed is slowed, they receive the Incapacitated status effect, and they cannot exit through the exit doors. Pinhead can summon additional chains to further slow the Survivor. Chains break if any solid object passes through them, including characters.
Configuration de lamentation
The Lament Setup is an object on the map that helps Pinhead pursue survivors. If left alone, the Lament setup initiates a Chain Hunt, which is when Chains are automatically summoned to attack Survivors. If a survivor chooses a Lament configuration, they suffer from the Oblivious status effect, Chains will periodically attack them, and Pinhead will see them and be able to teleport to them. They have to solve it to drop the device.
If the Cenobite picks up the Lament configuration, a chain hunt begins and all survivors will be attacked by chains and reveal their location when they shout.
En relation: Dead by Daylight Killer Perk Tier List – Tipsforallgames
The following list includes all of the perks introduced with The Cenobite. These are initially only available to Pinhead, but can be taught to other Slayers by purchasing them from Blood Web.
- Description: You induce mental suffering by crushing any hope of escape.
- Effect: When the generators are finished, the entity blocks the generator with the most progress for 20/25/30 seconds. Pinhead can see the generator which is blocked.
- Description: A spell that plays with the suffering of a victim.
- Effect: When a survivor is hooked and there is at least one undestroyed dull totem, the hex activates on a random totem and causes the survivor to suffer cursed and unconscious status effects until the totem be cleaned. The aura of the activated totem is visible to the survivor within 24/20/16 meters. For the first 90 seconds after it activates, only the Cursed Survivor can clean it.
Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain
- Description: You are the bearer of sweet pain.
- Effect: Four random hooks are changed to Scourge hooks at the start of the trial. These hooks are visible to Pinhead. When Survivors are unhooked from the Fangs of the Scourge, they suffer Bleeding and Mangled status effects. Once healed, the Survivor suffers a 7/8/9% healing and repair speed penalty until injured again.
That's all there is to know about the Cenobite so far!
Don't forget, we have guides to some of the best builds in the game! Check out our guides on the best survivor builds and best hunter builds in Dead by Daylight!