With Pokemon: Sword and Shield The Crown Tundra releasing on October 22, it looks like a lot of details about the game have been revealed. One of the big questions was what will be the new Legendary Pokemon you can grab? Well, those details are finally here and hopefully you'll be impressed with the brand new Pokemon you can gather in the DLC. Although not all the details are available, we have enough information that should motivate you for the release!
New Legendary Pokemon
The Legendary Pokémon you can expect in Crown Tundra are Calyrex, Glastrier, and Spectrier. The latter two are both mounted Pokémon, Specrtier being a fast horse and Glastrier a wild horse. It looks like Spectrier is Ghost-type and Glastrier is Ice-type. Both will be quite powerful, so you'll want to add them to your team as soon as you can!
If you are curious about Glastrier, here is its description according to the version of the game you have!
- Sword: Glastrier emits intense cold from his hooves. It's also a belligerent Pokemon – whatever it wants, it takes by force.
- Shield: Glastrier has tremendous physical strength, and the mask of ice covering his face is 100 times harder than diamond.
Here are the descriptions of Spectrier based on the version of Pokemon Sword and Shield you have!
- Sword: She senses her surroundings with all but one of her senses – she doesn't use her sense of sight. Spectrier's kicks are said to separate the soul from the body.
- Shield: As he speeds through the night, Spectrier absorbs the life force of sleeping creatures. He yearns for silence and solitude.
Glastrier's ability is called Chilling Neigh, and if Glastrier stuns a Pokémon, it will let out a neigh, which will increase its attack stat. Here is the leaked description:
When the Pokémon stuns a target, it emits a frightening whinny sound, which increases its attack stat.
Spectrier's ability on the other hand is quite similar! It's called Grim Neigh, and if it stuns a Pokemon, it will also let out a neigh, but gain a special attack instead of a physical attack. Here is the leaked description:
When the Pokémon stuns a target, it emits a terrifying whinny, which increases its Sp. Atk stat.
As for Calyrex, it's a pretty interesting Pokémon. It has already been revealed, but additional details are now available. The ability it will get is Unnerve, which is a fairly common ability that many other Pokemon have. This makes the opposing Pokémon jittery and unable to eat berries. As for the in-game descriptions, here's what they say:
- Sword: Calyrex is a merciful Pokémon, capable of providing healing and blessings. He ruled the Galar region once.
- Shield: Calyrex is known in legend as a king who ruled over Galar in ancient times. It has the power to repair hearts and germinate plants.
Calyrex has the ability to fuse with either Glastrier or Spectrier. Once this happens, it will transform into a new Pokemon depending on which one you fused with. One is Calyrex (Ice Rider) and the other is Calyrex (Shadow Rider). Once you merge the two you will get two abilities, you will get the horse ability as well as Unnerve from Calyrex.
Here are the descriptions of Calyrex (Ice Rider):
- Sword: According to lore, this Pokemon showed no mercy to those who got in its way, but it would heal its opponents' wounds after battle.
- Shield: This Pokemon is said to have once moved a large forest – and all the Pokemon that live there – to a new location overnight.
Here are the descriptions of Calyrex (Shadow Rider):
- Sword: It is said that Calyrex and a Pokémon that had been associated with him ran across the Galar area to bring green to the wasteland.
- Shield: Legend says that by using its power to see all events from the past to the future, this Pokémon saved creatures in a forest from a meteorite attack.
There will be plenty of choices for you to choose from, so all Pokemon fans should be excited for the DLC to release on October 22, 2020!