The second half of Genshin Impact 2.3 adds new story quests and lore, while expanding the roster of playable characters. With crimson horns and the blood of the oni running through his veins, there's a new party-crushing character that players won't want to miss - Arataki Itto.
Capacities of Arataki Itto
Itto is a five-star claymore user who uses the power of Geo. He values defense and is meant to act as a damage-per-second main character, being able to survive massive attacks while dealing his own. When not using his burst, Itto will mostly rely on dealing damage from using charged slash attacks.
Every second and fourth successful hit of Itto's normal attacks will grant him one or two superlative stacks respectively. Players can hold a maximum of five superlative stacks at a time. These stacks are used in place of stamina to launch a chain of charged attacks called Arataki Kesagiri Slashes, ending in a devastating smash. If no stack is kept, Itto provides a single Saichimonji slash.
Arataki Itto's elemental skill sees him throw Ushi at enemies, a young akaushi bull and member of the Arataki gang. T
- Inherits part of Itto's HP, scaling with his max HP
- Taunts nearby enemies to draw their attacks
- Itto will gain a superlative stack each time Ushi takes DMG, with a maximum of one stack gained this way every two seconds
- Ushi will flee the field after its duration ends or after reaching zero HP, granting it a Superlative Stack
Related: Best Arataki Itto Build in Genshin Impact
Itto's elemental burst draws power from his oni blood, entering the Raging Oni King state and transforming his claymore into the Oni King's Kanabō for a time. While using his Burst, Itto suffers the following effects:
- Itto's normal, charged, and dipping attacks are converted to geo damage. This effect cannot be undone.
- Normal attack speed is increased. Itto's Attack is also increased by a percentage of his Defense
- Each successful first and third hit of Itto's Normal Attack combo will grant him a Superlative Stack
- Itto's elemental and physical RES are reduced by 20%
Raging King Oni's duration will end if Itto leaves the field.
Itto has three passive skills:
- Woodchuck Chucked – increases players' chances of getting extra wood logs when collecting wood from trees
- Arataki Ichiban – increases Itto's resistance to interrupt and increases cutting speed when using Arataki Kesagiri
- Bloodline Of The Crimson Oni, increases Arataki Kesagiri's Damage by a percentage of Itto's Defense
Arataki Itto's English voice actor is Max Mittelman, and his Japanese voice actor is Nishikawa Takanori. Players may recognize Mittelman's voice from his roles as Shigure in Tales Of Berseria or Ryuji in Persona 5. Takanori, on the other hand, might be recognized by his work on Mobile Suit Gundam Seed and Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny.
Players can catch a glimpse of Itto through his release trailers, but the Taurus Iracundus Chapter: Act I - Rise Up Golden Soul story quest is when he's officially introduced.
Connexes: Agriculture for Arataki Itto | Genshin Impact
While Itto is primarily known as the leader of the infamous Arataki gang in Hanamizaka, he has a habit of giving himself various additional titles. Some examples are:
- Arataki «Le roi du sumo oni» Itto
- Guide “No food in prison for me” Itto
- Guide "The Undefeated Troublemaker" Itto
Rumors about Arataki Itto portray him as mean and overbearing. The Inazuma children, however, paint a different picture of Itto - a gentle giant, busy catching bugs and trading cards.
Yoimiya is often forced into friendly competitions with Arataki Itto, while Kujou Sara has been constantly challenged to battle since the confiscation of Itto's vision during the Vision Hunting Decree. Arataki Itto is proud and steadfast in upholding his principles, likely due to his oni heritage.
Itto's special dish is Way of the Strong. This dish revives a character and restores 15% of their maximum health, then an additional 550 health.
Arataki Itto's first appearance will be on the Oni's Royale banner, and he will be available from December 14, 2021 to January 4, 2022. User Geo Gorou will appear alongside Itto, giving players the chance to try their luck adding either of these new characters to their team during this time.
Looking for more Genshin Impact content? Check out Let the Arataki Gang Show Begin! Web Event Guide – Genshin Impact here on Tipsforallgames.