Yanfei is the last character available to play in Genshin Impact after the game's version 1.5 update. A Pyro Catalyst user, Yanfei is full of interesting dualities: the daughter of an adept father and human mother, she works in as a famous legal entrepreneur while secretly dreaming of becoming a rapper! You can get Yanfei, a 4-star character, from the Wish system. As she is in the current "Gentry of Hermitage" banner, your chances of getting Yanfei are much higher, but act fast, as this banner will end on May 18, 2021.
Yanfei is a character that beginners and veterans alike will enjoy playing, as his moves are as effective as they are simple. As a catalyst user, she deals with elemental DMG at close range and paves the way for increasingly powerful elemental chains. Yanfei is best used for a DPS role, but she's not a greedy character; follow up his attacks with your Hydro and Cryo party members to clear mobs quickly.
- Normal Attack: Shoots fireballs that inflict up to three counts of Pyro DMG. Each hit grants Yanfei a Scarlet Seal, which decreases his stamina consumption (Yanfei can hold up to three Scarlet Seals at a time).
- Charged Attack: Inflicts wide-range Pyro DMGs after a short cast time. The attack's AoE and DMG will increase based on the amount of Scarlet Seals consumed.
- Elemental Skill: Yanfei summons searing flames that inflict AoE Pyro DMG. When hit, Yanfei gets the maximum number of Scarlet Seals.
- Elemental Burst: Yanfei unleashes a jet of intense flames that rush at nearby opponents, inflicting AoE Pyro DMG. She gains the maximum number of Scarlet Seals and Shine, increasing the DMG of her Charged Attacks.
Unlocking Yanfei's Constellation Points, like other characters, will grant him additional skills and increase his base powers. If you already have Yanfei on your team and want to maximize his potential, use the Wish system to unlock the following perks.
- The Law Knows No Kindness: Scarlet Seals further reduce stamina consumed and have increased resistance against interrupts.
- Right of Final Interpretation: Increases Yanfei's Charged Attack CRIT Rate against enemies below 50% HP.
- Fire-Forged Samadhi: Increases Yanfei's elemental skill level by three.
- Supreme Amnesty: When Elemental Burst is used, creates a shield that absorbs up to 45% of Yanfei's max HP.
- Respectful Affidavit: Increases the level of Yanfei's Elemental Blast by three.
- Additional Clause: Increases the maximum number of Scarlet Seals by one.
Related: Genshin Impact Hangout Event: Diona Guide
Best build for Yanfei
We recommend equipping Yanfei with Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds, as this 5-star book offers a base ATK of 46, boosts CRIT rate by 30,2%, and even boosts character movement speed. Lost Prayed to the Sacred Winds can only be obtained through the Wish system.
Other recommended weapons for Yanfei include:
- Skyward Atlas (5 stars, base ATK 48, boosts ATK by 24,4%)
- Solar Pearl (4 stars, base ATK 42, increases CRIT rate by 6%, additional increases to DMG output in battle)
As far as artifacts go, the Crimson Witch of Flames set is perfect for Yanfei (or any of your other Pyro characters). You can get this set in Zhou's Hidden Palace (Wuwang Hill, Liyue). The 2 piece bonus increases Pyro DMG by 15%. The 4-piece bonus increases Overcharged and Burning DMG by 40%, and Vaporize and Melt DMG by 15%.
Yanfei's Ascension will increase all of his stats, granting him extra health, defense, and damage. Below are all the materials needed to raise Yanfei to his highest level.
- Ascension Level 1 (max level 20): Agnid Agate Sliver x1 + Nocturnal Jade x3 + Treasurer's Insignia x3
- Ascension Level 2 (max level 40): Agnidus Agate Fragment x3 + Juvenile Jade x2 + Noctilucous Jade x10 + Treasurer's Insignia x15
- Ascension Level 3 (max level 50): Agnidus Agate Fragment x6 + Juvenile Jade x4 + Noctilucous Jade x20 + Silver Raven Insignia x12
- Ascension Level 4 (max level 60): Agnidus Agate Chunk x3 + Juvenile Jade x8 + Noctilucous Jade x30 + Silver Crow Insignia x18
- Ascension Level 5 (max level 70): Agnidus Agate Chunk x6 + Juvenile Jade x12 + Noctilucous Jade x45 + Golden Crow Insignia x12
- Ascension level 6 (max level 80): Agnidus Agate Gem x6 + Juvenile Jade x20 + Noctilucous Jade x60 + Golden Raven Insignia x24
Best team for Yanfei
Yanfei's Pyro skills will shine with the help of party members Hydro, Cryo, and Electro.
Qiqi is a valuable team member to have no matter what, as she prepares Cryo DMG while simultaneously healing the entire party. Use Qiqi's Cryo attacks on enemies, then switch to Yanfei and hit them with Pyro to inflict "Melt" status, increasing your overall DMG output.
"Overloaded" occurs when Pyro meets Electro. Fischl's electrifying skills (which are impressive on their own) will increase Yanfei's Pyro DMG, and the strength of this combination can knock your enemies back!
We recommend Tartaglia because, unlike many of its Hydro counterparts, it can deal a significant amount of damage on its own. Barbara is another viable option, and much more accessible since being F2P. Hydro and Pyro together create "Vaporize", which also increases elemental damage (switch from Tartaglia to Yanfei if you want to apply this boost to Pyro DMG).
For even more details on Yanfei, check out Genshin Impact: Yanfei Skills, Talents, Constellations, Ascension. In the meantime, take our What's your take on Genshin's impact? quiz or read about Genshin Impact 1.6 leaks, new characters and release date.