Genshin Impact's first major update has arrived; 1.1 is finally here, and with it brought two new characters in a promotional banner, Childe and Diona. Here is a guide giving more information on what Childe can do!
Childe is really his pseudonym; his real name is Tartaglia, and he is the No. 11 of Eleven Harbingers of Fatui! He first appeared in-game during Chapter 1, Act 1 of the Teyvat Chapter storyline, and was released in Snezhnaya's Farewell Banner on November 11, 2020, in the v1.1 patch.
- normal attack
- Perform up to 6 consecutive hits with a bow.
- Charged Attack
- Performs a more accurate aimed shot with increased DMG. When aiming, the power of the Hydro element accumulates on the tip of the arrow. A fully charged arrow will deal Hydro DMG and apply the Riptide status effect.
- against the current
- Opponents affected by Riptide will suffer AoE Hydro DMG when attacked by Childe. Distributed DMGs are equivalent to normal attack DMGs.
- A fully charged targeted shot hat hits an opponent already affected by the riptide inflicts AoE DMG around the.
- This can only happen once every 0,7 seconds.
- Riptide Burst
- Defeating an opponent affected by Riptide creates a Hydro Burst that inflicts the Riptide status effect on nearby opponents hit.
- Diving attack
- Fires a shower of arrows into the air before falling and hitting the ground, inflicting AoE DMG on impact.
- While Childe is in Foul Legacy: Raging Tide's Melee Stance, he cannot perform a dive attack.
- Hitting an opponent affected by Riptide status with a melee attack triggers a Riptide Slash which inflicts AoE Hydro DMG. DMGs dealt in this way are considered elemental skill DMGs
- Can only occur once every 1,5 seconds
- After 30 seconds, or when the ability triggers again, this skill ends. Childe will return to his range position, and this elemental skill will go into a cooldown. The longer Childe's stats in his melee stance, the longer the cooldown.
- If the return to ranged stance occurs automatically after 30 seconds, the cooldown is even longer than normal.
This elemental skill changes depending on the child's current position.
- Remote position
- Flash of Havoc rapidly fires a Hydro-infused magic arrow, inflicting AoE Hydro DMG and applying the Riptide status effect.
- Returns part of its energy cost after use.
- Scrum position
- Light of Obliteration slashes with a large AoE, dealing massive Hydro DMG to all surrounding opponents when triggered.
- Riptide Blast
- When Obliterating Waters hits an Opponent affected by Riptide, it clears the Riptide status effect and triggers a Hydro Explosion that inflicts AoE Hydro DMG.
- DMG treated in this way considers Elemental Burst DMG.
For the Childe materials needed for Ascension and improving talents, head over to our Farming for Childe guide where we have a detailed guide on where to find materials and how many you need!
- Weapons Master
- Increases the normal attack level of your party members by 1.
- Extends the duration of Riptide by 8 seconds.
- Torrent Sword
- When Childe is in Foul Legacy: Raging Tide's Melee Stance, or if his normal and charged attacks do Crit DMG, they will apply the Riptide effect on the enemy.
- Foul Legacy: Tide – Constellation Level 1
- Decreases cooldown of Foul Legacy: Raging Tide by 20%
- Foul Legacy: Understream – Constellation Tier 2
- When opponents affected by Riptide are defeated, Childe regenerates four Elemental Energy.
- Abyssal Mayhem: Vortex of Turmoil – Constellation Niveau 3
- Increases the level of Foul Legacy: Unleashed Tide by 3.
- The maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Abyssal Mayhem: Hydrospout – Constellation Level 4
- If Childe is in Foul Legacy: Raging Tide's Melee Stance, it triggers Riptide Slash on opponents in the field hit by Riptide every 4 seconds. Otherwise, it triggers Riptide Flash.
- Havoc: Formless Blade – Constellation Level 5
- Increases Ravage Level: Obliteration by 3
- The maximum upgrade is 15.
- Havoc: Annihilation – Constellation Level 6
If you are looking for Genshin Impact 1.2 update information, check out this article! Stay up to date with upcoming banners and keep an eye out for our Genshin Impact codes to get free goodies!