Mini Motorways is one of the most underrated strategy games on mobile and PC platforms. The road management construction game has one goal. Manage your city's traffic by strategically building a network of roads. Although it may seem simple, the game has a big learning curve and involves a lot of settings to achieve a high score. You can score high in mini highways by using separate lanes for each colored building. But it can get tricky and confusing as you grow later.
Tips and tricks to get a high score on mini highways
- During the initial phase, build separate roads for each colored building. For example, if you have a yellow and a purple building, build individual paths for each of them. The more you spread out, the more likely you are to prevent buildings from spawning in random places. So don't be stingy with your road tiles!
- Always try to build the shortest routes to your destination. Contrary to popular opinion, straight lines are not the best solution. Analyze the given situation and build a route based on it.
- Divide the number of houses for each large house. For example, if you have two large yellow houses and four small yellow colored houses. Assign two small houses for each large house.
- Do not connect all houses unless there is a demand for them. It applies mainly to individual buildings away from large houses. You also save a lot of tiles and can use them for other things.
- You can change the entry point of any tiny house to your liking. Do not build on default points and change them to a suitable position facing the road.
- Use the clock on the right of the screen to change the rhythm. Pause whenever you need to think of a strategy or Move forward when nothing special is happening.
Related: All Gunblood Cheats
- Understand the role of each unique tile in the game. There are four special tiles in addition to the regular road tiles, highway, traffic lights, bridges and roundabouts. On that note, we recommend that you don't select the Traffic Signal tiles as it's pretty useless.
- You can always change the route of a freeway whenever you want. Change the highway to any route based on traffic demand.
- Place roundabouts strategically at an intersection, where traffic should be divided four ways.
- Do not buy bridges after establishing paths over bodies of water. Usually four to five routes are enough to connect buildings across rivers.
Remember, these are just a few glimpses of gameplay elements. But to consistently achieve high scores, you'll need to practice and grind the game daily.
To learn more about these guides, check out How to get the highest score in Subway Surfers on Pro Game Guides.