There's plenty to do in Yakuza 7: Like a Dragon, but when smashing thugs and smashing sleeping clubs gets too stressful, you can do a little gardening on the side. And you should. Gardening in Yakuza: Like a Dragon gives you a number of important items, some vital for combat and others useful for strengthening your relationships.
Yakuza 7: Like A Dragon Gardening – Getting Started
Gardening unlocks in Chapter Four, The Dragon of Yokohama. Once the events have unfolded during the soapland job, you will establish a new base at Survive Bar. It's a required event, but you'll need to visit again to unlock gardening.
Talk to Iroha the next time you're there. You will have access to planters outside and some seeds to start with.
After this sequence, you'll encounter more plant boxes throughout Yokohama, including nearby locations such as Hamakita Park. Plant containers are indicated by a green sapling icon on the map.
You can also start buying seeds and additional seed types. Here are some areas where you can buy seeds in Yakuza: Like A Dragon.
- Hero’s Harvest (parc Hamakita)
- Pharmacie Welcome (route Isezaki)
- Kinka Pharmacy (bar district)
In fact, growing the plants is quite easy because you don't need to water them.
Instead, just wait for the allotted grow time to pass, then come back and interact with the plant box to harvest the goods. Using fertilizer reduces growing time if you're in a rush, and you can buy fertilizer from the same places you buy seed.
Yield always includes more than one of whatever you've planted, and you'll eventually get Mysterious Components - Bulbs, Seeds, Compost - which produce rarer items used to create higher level Restorers.
Equally important, ingredients harvested from plant boxes make up different restaurateur recipes. It is a win-win situation, as it requires little effort and saves yen.
Yakuza 7: Recipes Like A Dragon: Food and Restorations
Talk to Iroha again to unlock recipes. We've included them below, along with each item's effects and required ingredients.
Mishmash lunch box
- Effect: Restores 100 HP to party
- Ingredients: 2 potatoes, 2 tomatoes
Packed lunch box
- Effect: Restores 200 HP to party
- Ingredients: 2 onions, 2 daikon
Chilled noodle lunch box
- Effect: Restores 500 HP to party
- Ingredients: 5 hot peppers, 2 garlic, 2 daikon
Home style lunch box
- Effect: Restores 100 HP and MP to party
- Ingredients: 4 tomatoes, 3 daikon, 3 onions, 4 potatoes
Special lunch box
- Effect: Restores 200 HP and MP to party
- Ingredients: 4 potatoes, 4 garlic, 4 onions, 1 mystery carrot
Deluxe Kiwami Lunch Box
- Effect: Restores 500 HP and 300 MP to party
- Ingredients: 10 Garlic, 10 Hot Peppers, 5 Mystery Mushrooms, 3 Mystery Fruits, 2 Mystery Carrots
- Effect: cures physical ailments
- Ingredients: 10 mystery leaves, 5 mystery mushrooms
- Heals mental ailments
- Ingredients: 10 mystery leaves, 5 mystery fruits
- Effect: revives an ally with 1 HP
- Ingredients: 15 mystery fruits, 2 mystery carrots, 3 lilies
Wake up bolus
- Effect: revives an ally with half their HP
- Ingredients: 20 mystery mushrooms, 5 mystery carrots, 3 roses
- Effect: Revives an ally with full HP and MP
- Ingredients: 20 Mysterious Fruits, 15 Mysterious Leaves, 10 Mysterious Carrots, 3 Pines
Yakuza 7: Gift Recipes Like A Dragon
You will use certain ingredients for gifts to improve relations with party members.
bouquet of lilies
Bouquet of pansies
Bouquet of roses
That's all you need to know about gardening in Like A Dragon. Stay tuned to GameSkinny for more Yakuza 7: Like A Dragon guides in the coming days.