Here you will find all Valheim cheats and console commands and how to use them in game.
How to Use Valheim Console Cheats and Commands
To use a cheat or console command in Valheim, you must first activate them by typing imacheater. After that, you can type any of the commands listed below in single and multiplayer servers; the host will be the only one able to use commands and cheats on multiplayer servers.
That said, to use a cheat or console command in Valheim, press F5 and then type one of the commands listed below into the console.
Restoration: How to Destroy Items in Valheim
All Valheim Cheat Commands
Here are all the Valheim cheat commands and what they do when activated.
- god - Active le mode divin
- ghost – Enables ghost mode; enemies will not attack you with this.
- debugmode - Enables and disables creative mode
- pos - Displays the player's current position via cords in the console
- goto (x, z) - Teleports the player to the entered coordinates
- killall - Makes bad things disappear (kills all enemies)
- tame - Turns all bad things into good things (tames all nearby creatures, including enemies)
- exploremap - Reveals the entire map for the lazy Viking explorer (that means you)
- resetmap - Resets the entire world map
- location - Sets your current location as your spawn (don't use this in swamps or plains, you'll thank me later)
- stop event - Stops an event
- event (name) – Type this if you want to start a named event.
- forest walks
- ffsmooth (0-1) – Sets the smoothing to resemble that of the freefly camera.
- setkey (name) – Sets a completely new global key.
- resetkeys (name) – Resets a specified key.
- listkeys – Lists all your global keys.
- env (env) – Enables debugging environment mode.
- resetenv – Resets the debug environment command.
- randomevent - Type this to start a random event (feeling lucky?)
- raiseskill (skill name) (amount) – Give yourself a much-needed skill boost with this command; you just need to type the name of the skill and then the amount you want to set after the raise.
- resetskill (skill) – Resets the much-needed skill boost you gave yourself; Simply type in the name of the skill you increased and it will default back to zero.
- resetcharacter - Clears all of your character's stats and data.
- dpsdebug - Enable or disable dpsdebug
- players (nr) – Adjusts the player's current difficulty scale; resetting it will completely reset it.
- removerops - Removes all objects dropped on the ground nearby; very useful for destroying unnecessary items, but make sure you do this away from your base.
- freefly – Enables and disables the freefly photomode drone.
- heal – heals you for full health.
- throw up – Resets your health/hunger.
- hair – Removes your hair.
- beard – Remove your beard.
- model (0-1) – Changes your character model from female to male.
- wind angle (0-360) (intensity 0-1) – Sets the wind angle and its intensity; type the wind angle, then a number after, then 0 or 1.
- resetwind - Reset the default wind
- tod (0-1) – Changes the time of day; type zero and 1 for midnight and 0,5 for noon.
- tod -1 – Reset time of day to default mode.
- skiptime (seconds) – Typing this will skip the current time forward, changing the current day number and time of day.
- sleep – Typing this will skip a day as if you were sleeping in a bed.
All Valheim Admin Server Commands
Here are all the server commands the host can enter; these will also work without cheat mode enabled.
- banned - Posts a list to the console of all players currently banned from the server
- unban (name, ip, userid) – Unbans a player from the server; type in their character name, then their IP address, then the user ID after unban.
- ban (name, ip, userid) – Bans a player from the server; type in their character name, then their IP address, then the user ID after the ban.
- kick (name, ip, userid) – Kicks a player from the server; type in their character name, then their IP address, then the user ID after the kick.
- help – Posts a list of all administrative commands to the console.
- save - Force a world save (save the game)
- ping – pings the server and prints the timeout to the console.
- info – Displays system memory and rendering thread in console.
- lodbias (0-5) – Sets the draw distance for all players; post lodbias 0 if you want to see the current setting.
Related: How to recover and save your game in Valheim
How to Enable Creative Mode in Valheim
To enable creative mode in Valheim, you must first type imacheater and then follow it with debugmode; after that you will be in creative mode.
Once Creative Mode is enabled, you can use the following commands.
- B for the no investment fee mode; you can also build things without it costing precious resources.
- K to kill all bad things in the area.
- Z to switch to flight mode.
Additionally, in Creative Mode, you'll be able to craft whatever you want instead of choosing from a traditional spawn menu, which ultimately is a more hands-on approach to conventional Creative Mode.
To learn more about Valheim, we at PGG have provided you with some awesome guides like how to make mead with cauldrons and how to make a foundry in Valheim.