Merlin is a new final boss in Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross, and she is by far the toughest boss players have ever encountered. She needs a very specific strategy to better..
Merlin is immune to almost all damage types and on top of that she is protected by a number of illusions that reflect a huge block of damage being sent out.
Follow the guide below, you will be able to beat her in no time.
Before you assemble a team of heroes to defeat Merlin, you need to consider his strengths. Merlin is immune to the following damage types:
- Disable Attack
- Buff Disable
- Decreased damage on ultimate move
Also, Merlin has a special buff against Speed and Demon heroes, which you should exclude from your team.
However, she also has a huge weakness: physical defense. This means that strength-based heroes are best against Merlin.
All four party members on your team should be colored red, indicating their Strength attribute, including the healer:
- Gowther (Red) – One of the best Force heroes in SDS: Grand Cross with a huge pool of AoE attacks and enemy debuffs.
- Escanor (Red) – This is another Force hero with a very useful Amplify skill, which buffs all of his attacks by up to 30% of base damage.
- Arthur (Red) – Another excellent hero with a Sever ability, which doubles his chance to land a critical hit.
- Elizabeth (Red) – A healer and follower with the Rejuvenate skill that recovers up to 60% of all allies' HP at the start of each turn.
The battle against the final boss Merlin takes place in two phases.
In the first phase, it is recommended to face his illusory allies who reflect damage. If you kill them, the Merlin's defense stats will decrease by 40%.
During battle, she will use the following set of attacks:
- Spear Explosion: Inflicts damage on 1 enemy and removes 1 ultimate move gauge from the target.
- Perfect Cube: Creates a barrier that protects all of its illusory allies.
- Ray of Extermination: Inflicts 540% damage to 1 enemy and disables attack skills for 2 turns.
- Tornado Sever: Inflicts 630% damage to 1 enemy and disables attack skills for 2 turns.
Here, use Arthur's Royal Blade buff and deal with all illusions at once. The sooner you can activate it, the better.
Then use Arthur's AoE and the ultimate ability of any other character, who is willing to activate it.
This time Merlin will try to freeze you using the following set of attacks:
- Poison Wave: Inflicts damage to 1 enemy.
- Frozen Factor: Freezes the target.
- Exterminate Ray and Tornado Sever are the same as before.
Arthur's Royal Blade should prevent the freeze effect. Also use Gowther's Arrow and Amplify Merlin's Allies.
Then send everything you have to Merlin after defeating the illusions. The choice of attacks is yours.
With the help of Gowther's debuffs, you should be able to burn Merlin very soon.
That's all about how to beat the final boss Merlin in Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross, and be sure to check back soon for more related guides.